August 7th, 2006
20,000 people have been evacuated from the areas surrounding Mayon Volcano in the Philippines fears of a major eruption in days or hours has been raised as Government moves quicky to move people away from the Active volcano after a series of major Ash Explosions Monday Morning in Manila.
Mayon Volcano Bulletin
07 August 2006
8:00 AM (+8GMT)
NOTICE OF ALERT LEVEL 4:
This announcement advises all concerned that PHIVOLCS is now raising the alert status of Mayon Volcano (13.2576°N, 123.6856°E) to ALERT LEVEL 4. This means that a hazardous explosive eruption is imminent and the effects of such an eruption could severely impact certain areas around Mayon.
To prevent undue harm to the public, an EXTENDED DANGER ZONE (EDZ), defined as an area within Eight (8) kilometers from the summit crater located in the southern sector, is now recommended. The following localities are included in the EDZ:
- Barangays Anoling and downstream areas including Tinuburan, Sua, Upper Quirangay, Salugan, and Upper Cabangan of Camalig Municipality,
- Barangays Miisi and areas to its south including Budiao, Matnog and Bañadero of Daraga Municipality; Mabinit, Bonga, Matanag, and Buyuan of Legaspi City.
At other portions around Mayon, the following areas, within Seven (7) kilometers of the crater, should be evacuated:
- Barangay Baligang, of Ligao.
- Barangays Bonot, Magapo, Oson part of Buhian and Comon of Tabaco Municipality,
- Barangays Canaway, Calbayog and part of San Roque of Malilipot Municipality,
- Barangays Lidong, Fidel Surtida, San Isidro, Sta. Misericordia, and San Antonio of Sto. Domingo Municipality.
Areas just outside of these Barangays should prepare for evacuation in the event explosive eruptions intensify. Notice to evacuate shall be recommended by PHIVOLCS for implementation according to PDCC’s action plans.
Volcano Activy report from Philippine Government PHILVOLCS
Philippines fears imminent eruption at volcano
Reuters.uk, UK - Mayon volcano in the central Philippines has been spewing lava and boulders the size of cars since last month, leaving a bubbling, pyrotechnic trail more than …
Alert level 4 raised in Mayon Volcano ABS CBN News
Lava now flows on Mayon’s Bonga Gully Manila Bulletin
06 - DPWH urges dredging of Mayon Volcano channels Balita.org
Entry Filed under: Uncategorized, news, News and politics, pirates, asia, philippines, Filipino, Rants, Raves, Whathaveyou..., Buhay ofw, Pinoy, protests, republican, border security, Al Gore, OFW, Makati, fil-am, filipino-american, Bicol, Albay, Mayon Volcano